Hey y’all! I know it’s been FOREVER since I’ve shared a blog post with you, and that’s only because I have been extremely busy these past few weeks. But in these weeks, God has DEFINITELY been working. So today I want to update y’all on what’s been happening in my life and how God is using it for His glory. //
A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to attend a Spiritual retreat in Louisiana.
To summarize my experience: It was AMAZING.
If you know me personally, then you know that I am definitely not the kind of person to drive 9 hours away from home to attend a camp that I literally know no one at. Yet, if you know God, you know that He is the One who uses our weaknesses to strengthen us and to show us His power. And this is why I decided to go.
When I arrived at camp, I immediately felt welcome (shoutout to my new friends in Louisiana). And I learned a very valuable lesson within moments of being there: walk up to newcomers. A simple smile and introduction can be a huge indication of the love of Christ.
Throughout the weekend, I met so many sweet people. I also learned that there is something very special about worshipping God alongside people you just met, something I hope every believer gets to experience. It was truly beautiful.
After the retreat, I wrote down a few things that I always want to remember. Here are a few of them:
1. If you are simply willing to go where God calls you, then you don’t have to worry about a thing, just go. He is in control and has plans to prosper you and not to harm you.
2. God is faithful to carry you through every situation He calls you to.
3. No matter what church you attend and no matter who you are, as a Christian, sharing a common love for Jesus with other believers is enough to create purposeful, meaningful, and beautiful friendships in Christ.
4. Do not conform to the pattern of this world
5. Always remain rooted firmly in Christ, never surrendering your desire to live solely for Him.
6. Sever roots in your life that are not pointing You towards your Savior.
I know these might all seem a little random, but God revealed the beauty and importance of each of these to me in a short period of 40 hours. Imagine what we could learn from God if we stepped away from our distractions more frequently and were constantly attentive to His presence in our everyday lives.
In the past couple weeks since the retreat, I have been CRAZY busy with schoolwork. Yet in the midst of these very challenging weeks, my relationship with God has grown tremendously. Who would’ve known that a simple weekend at a camp 9 hours away from home would have such an influence in my walk with the Lord?
And God knows exactly what you need right now, even if you don’t.
I just want to encourage you today to remember that God’s power reaches beyond our finite understanding of it. Remember that He can take any situation and use it to do great things in your life and in the lives of others. Remember who He is and what He’s done for you and praise Him constantly. And finally,
“So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.” -Colossians 2:6-7