I am so humbled by the goodness of my God. This grace He’s lavished upon me, it’s too great to comprehend. My heart is just so overwhelmed because of who He is. How can the Perfect One love me in all my imperfection? Yet He does and He loves me more than any other.
Amazing grace, how sweet the sound.
Today, I’m thanking Him for 20 years of life and I’m thanking Him for setting me a part as holy. I’m thanking Him for His continual pursuit of my heart even though I daily fall short of His glory. And I’m thanking Him for the people He’s placed in my life who have spoken such loving words over me today (y’all are the best!).
A lot has happened in these past 20 years. I’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. And I’ve seen Him do what ONLY He can do. In every season, in every trial and every joy, my God has been there. So today, I just want to praise Him for who He’s been through it all.
So here are 20 reasons God has given me throughout the years to love Him more and more:
- He predestined me to be conformed to the likeness of His Son (Romans 8:29).
- He died for me, while I was yet a sinner. (Romans 5:8)
- He is ALWAYS faithful, even when I am faithless (2 Timothy 2:13).
- He quiets me with His love and rejoices over me with singing (Zephaniah 3:17).
- He is good. Always good. (Psalm 100:5).
- He speaks life to what is dead (Romans 4:17).
- He never leaves us and never forsakes us (Deuteronomy 31:6).
- He hems us in both behind and before (Psalm 139:5).
- His Word will never pass away (Matthew 24:35).
- He gives us the fullness of joy in His presence (Psalm 16:11).
- His ears are attentive to my cry (Psalm 34:15).
- He is near to all who call on Him in truth (Psalm 145:18).
- He is able to do immeasurably more than I can imagine (Ephesians 3:20).
- His ways are higher (Isaiah 55:8-9).
- He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak (Isaiah 40:29).
- His power is made perfect in weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9).
- He came to seek and to save the lost (Luke 19:10).
- He doesn’t look at the outward appearance, He looks at the heart (1 Samuel 16:7).
- His mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23).
- He works all things together for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28).